Let's Get Started!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Girl Scouts - the world's pre-eminent organizations for girls!
By sharing your time and talents with girls, you will help them:
- Discover new skills and abilities
- Connect with others
- Take action to make the world a better place
All new volunteers must complete these steps prior to their volunteer appointment and working with girls.
- Read the Welcome to Girl Scouting! letter.
- Register as a Girl Scout member by submitting a completed adult registration form along with the $15 fee (financial aid is available). To register for the 2012-2013 year, you can find the forms here.
- Complete the GSMWLP Volunteer Application Form.
- Review the Information Sheet regarding background checks. Complete the confidential and free Background Check Authorization directly online. Use the case-sensitive password: juliette1912
- Complete the new volunteer learning sessions: Girl Scouting 101 and New Leader Training.
An appointment letter (email or regular mail) from GSMWLP will be sent when steps 1 - 4 are completed and a positive background check and reference check have been received.
We are excited to have you join us in helping Girl Scouts build courage, confidence and character with the Girl Scout Leadership Experience. Enjoy your Girl Scout volunteer adventure!