Shop & Office Hours
All offices closed:
Girl Scouting 101
Volunteer learning is offered in a variety of ways to best meet your unique learning style: written resources, face-to-face learning, and interactive online learning. The following learning session was designed for the new volunteer however, this on-line Learning Session can benefit all Girl Scout Volunteers.
Girl Scouting 101:
This is a 45-minute, self -paced online orientation to Girl Scouting.
Girl Scouting 101 is broken down into eight parts:
- About Girl Scouts - the basics
- Ways to Participate - the flexible options (troop, camp, series, event, virtual and travel pathways, plus direct and indirect volunteering)
- What Girl Scouts Do - GSLE, journeys, Girl’s Guides, Bronze/Silver/Gold Awards
- Mission, Promise, and Law
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Staying Safe - the Girl Scouts Safety Standards
- Ages and Stages: What Girl Scouts Are Like - girl development for each grade level
- What’s Next - how to move forward with your local council; how you are supported
You can access this site by going to: http://training.girlscouts.org and click on Girl Scouting 101. The password is: aboutGS101 (case sensitive).
On-line Girl Scouting 101 is a prerequisite for taking the New Leaders Troop Pathway Learning Session.
Adult Learning Sessions
In addition to the courses on the calendar and on-line, we also offer learning sessions designed to enhance your leadership experience and support your role as a volunteer. We have made an effort to schedule sessions throughout the council area and hope you will plan to attend as your schedule permits. As a key volunteer, you are invited to attend any of the sessions provided.
If you are interested in hosting a session in your area, please contact Julie Svir-Peters for further information on becoming a Session Facilitator.