Shop & Office Hours
Sept - May
Day Camp 2014: Outdoor Skills and Thrills
Each year generous volunteers host day camp throughout our service area at parks, camps, or other locations in their home community. Day camp offers a welcoming, safe, and positive environment where girls gain confidence and build self-esteem while enjoying a fun-filled summer in the outdoors.
Day camps can happen during the day or in the evening, whatever fits best for the girls and volunteers who are in charge of the camp. Day camp can last from three days to an entire week. Day camps offer activities for girls entering grades 1-6 and leadership opportunities for girls entering grades 7-12.
Lakes and Pines offers the following support for council sponsored day camp:
- Experiential curriculum with hands on activities based on the Girl Scout leadership experience
- Promotional and registration materials (including flyers and news release, if requested)
- Participants can use Cookie Dough (exclusions apply)
- Discount rates for T-shirts and Patches
- Outdoor cooking supplies, such as pie irons, dutch ovens, water jugs, and more
- Planning support, including “programs on the go” option. Popular program on the go options include Geocaching, First Aid (for girls), and Games, Songs, & S’mores.
If you would like more information about helping girls build courage, confidence, and character in the great outdoors this summer, contact Melissa Garza, firstname.lastname@example.org or 320 252-2952.
Day Camp Locations
Locations coming soon!
Ready for the next step?
After experiencing Day Camp, many girls are interested in going to camp. We offer Troop Camp, Resident Camp, and Wilderness Canoe Tripping.
Click on "camps" in the navigation menu about to learn about our Summer Camp and Wilderness Canoe Tripping Guide as well as the Troop Camp Guide.
Outdoor Skills and Thrills
Our theme for day camp this year is Outdoor Skills and Thrills!
Outdoor Resources for Day Camp Directors