Shop & Office Hours
Sept - May
May 30 - Aug
Mon - Thursday
May 30, 2014 at 01:00pm
TROOP FINANCIAL REPORTS ARE COMING DUE
Every troop must submit their annual Troop Financial Report (TFR) to their Community Coordinator, Service Unit Manager or
Service Unit Treasurer by June 15 who needs to submit them to their Product Sales and Finance Specialist no later than July 1. Writable forms are available on our website: http://gslakesandpines.org/files/4797.pdf. Do a file/save as to your computer. Remember that expenses must be entered as negative numbers for the math to work correctly. A copy of your checkbook register and a recent bank statement must be included.
Troops who fail to submit their TFR are subject to an audit and/or freezing of their Girl Scout bank account. Please help us by turning in your troop’s report in a timely manner. Please contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist if you have any questions. Thank you!
2015 COOKIE RECOGNITION VOTING IS OPEN
Do you and your girls want a say in what recognitions are chosen for the next cookie sale? Voting is open NOW. Click the link to begin. Our council uses YOUR choices to make our final selections. We need to hear from you today! Lead the Change! Voting closes June 30th.
We are already well into the planning of the 2014 Fall Sale and the 2015 Cookie Sale Programs. Know that we have some great things in store for these sales, but for now we hope that troops are enjoying the warmer weather and reaping the benefits of their past sales in order to do the things they planned to do. For a little light reading, for those troops that are not yet self sustaining, we recommend the following to help your troop plan for the upcoming year: What is a Self Sustaining Troop? Enjoy the start of summer and know that we appreciate all that you have done and continue to do for Girl Scouts. THANK YOU from all of us.
May 30, 2014 at 08:52am
At Girl Scouts, it’s not just that you get to go – you get to go together. All your adventures are even more special because your friends are right by your side…imagine what you’ll do next year.
Why wait? Claim your spot for another year of fun!
Enjoy another great year with Girl Scouts and Jump into spring with our spring membership renewal campaign Jump Start!
All the details to help guide you through the re-registration process were included in a mailing to all 01 Troop Leaders and Juliette families at the beginning of April.
Girls get a free Jump Start patch if forms are turned in to the Waite Park Regional Center by June 15, 2014!
· New this year for 01 Leaders: A Girl Scout shop gift certificate for your own Girl Scout polo shirt (comes in all sizes) if you return your completed troop roster as indicated and re-register all continuing girls and adults by June 15, 2014.
· Easiest renewal ever! Find your troop’s 2013-14 Troop Roster with a simple check off to renew membership that is included in the mailing.
· The simple steps to renew are included on your roster.
· Use this roster to have parents/guardians review, update information as needed and provide permission – then mail in with Dues Summary or go online as instructed and just update the information.
· Note: 01 troop leader’s can register the entire troop at one time with online registration if done prior to Sept. 30, 2014.
· Girls and families worked hard to sell cookies. Use those proceeds to pay their $15 membership fees! (It will be one less thing to pay for during back-to-school time!)
o Troops have always been encouraged to include membership renewal in their troop budget as part of being a self sufficient troop.
· Other great benefits to your troop and your Service Unit:
o Your troop will be ready to start right away in the fall and you will know who is returning!
o Placing new girls at fall registration is easy because troops know the number of new girls they can add to their troop.
o The recruitment of new adult leadership can start right away because you will know if an adult leader is not returning.
o A “Say You’ll Stay Response Form,” (#3603) is available on the council’s website for you to print and distribute at your next SU leader’s meeting to find out if volunteers will be returning.
If you have any questions, please contact us for assistance. We are happy to help!
Are you a fun loving person who loves Girl Scouts? Read on…
Your Membership Specialist is seeking volunteers who like to have fun to establish Recruitment Teams within each service unit.
What do SU Recruitment Teams do? They have fun getting the word out about Girl Scouts!
Where do you start?
1. Contact your Membership Specialist today to join your Service Unit’s Recruitment Team!
2. Share ideas to make recruitment in your school or town tons of fun for girls and families.
3. Partner with you Membership Specialist to set dates and plans for your Service Unit’s Fall Kick-off and your Fall Recruitment events.
Membership Stats as of May 27, 2014
We are 1,552 girls away from reaching our girl goal of 8,270.
We are 272 adults away from reaching our adult goal of 2,804
Total Membership 9,256
This includes 452 lifetime members.
May 13, 2014 at 05:49pm
Jump Starts are underway across our council! I request volunteers to complete
the Volunteer Self Assessment form which was included in the Jump Start packet
Completed forms can be returned to me your Volunteer Specialist!
To those of you who have completed the background check
‘Thank you” some of you have not and here is your gentle reminder to please go
to the website and authorize the background check now if you have not done so: http://www.gslakesandpines.org/pages/LetsGetStarted/
Volunteers who have authorized their background check this
year or the 2012-2013 Girl Scout year do not need to do the authorization.
Questions/concerns please pop me a e mail or give me call.
Thank you for all you do for Girl Scouts!
April 9, 2014 at 08:31am
May 17, 2014 | McGregor
Attention adventurous girls! You are needed to explore a new planet! Join your fellow explorers to discover a new star, and use your team’s outdoor and team work to solve the challenges you encounter!
Grades K-12 | 4:00 - 9:00 p.m.
$20 girls and adults | $5 safety-ratio adults
Includes a special space dinner, program materials and a patch.
Grades 4 – 12 | 4:00 p.m. - 11:00 a.m.
$30 Girls and Adults | $5 Safety-Ratio Adults
Register by 2 May 2014.
Questions? Ask Amanda! firstname.lastname@example.org | 320-252-2952