March 27, 2015 at 06:54pm
Spring is here and that means its time to renew your Girl Scout memberships! The week of March 30th, you will be recieving your Early Bird spring renewal packet in the mail. This year we are offering two exciting new options: a bright new patch featuring a Girl Scout-themed partridge and free 2015-2016 memberships for each troop's 01 and 02 when all materials are turned in by June 15th.
To earn these great rewards for you, your co-leader, and your girls, please complete the enclosed troop roster as indicated, marking which girls will be renewing, which girls will not be renewing, and how many new girls your troop can accept next fall. Please return the roster with payment to the Waite Park Regional Center at:
Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin Lakes and Pines
400 Second Avenue South
Waite Park, MN 56387
You will also have the opprotunity to turn in your roster with payment at the Duluth Frozen Parties or your service unit's Court of Awards.
To ensure that you don't miss these exciting opprotunites, make sure to turn in completed rosters by June 15th. For questions, please contact Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 302-3181.
Thank you again for all that you do!
March 20, 2015 at 04:10pm
March 22, the last day for girl credit, is fast approaching. Thank you to everyone who has helped girls to succeed in running their cookie business this season! We have several updates to help you through the next stage of the cookie sale.
COCOdirect packages were uploaded to Snap this week. Our girls have sold 2,306 online so far, which is exciting for a first year program. Congratulations girls! We will make sure that any additional packages sold online this weekend are credited to girls before the recognitions orders are placed next week.
Gluten Free Trios have also been transferred in Snap. Troops will notice that Trios are showing up as Cranberry Citrus Crisps. This will have the smallest impact on next year’s orders. The key in distinguishing which are Trios is that they are being transferred from the Gluten Free Cupboard. Because Snap is not currently set up for two different price points, we are not able to increase the dollar amount for Trios so they are currently billing at the same price as the other cookies. Please note that we will add the extra dollar per Trios package and enter that as a Gluten Free Bank adjustment after the final ACH debit.
The last day for RETURNS is Tuesday, March 24.
· Troops may only return full unopened/unmarked cases (up to the number of girls selling in the troop) if the troop met the requirements of 120 packages per girl selling on the initial order (this can be done at your local cookie cupboard, also).
Not sure if your troop met this requirement? Go into ABC Snap > Reports > Troop Balance Summary (make sure to filter by packages)…look for the initial order line – this will tell you how many packages the troop had on the initial order – and divide it by the number of girls selling for the troop.
· This is a one time return per troop and has to be completed by Tuesday, March 24 (no exceptions).
· Remember, Exchanges may still be done if you have a full unopened/unmarked case of cookies for a different full unopened/unmarked case of cookies, as long as we have the varieties in stock.
March 25th: Troop Recognition Order due in SNAP. Remember to transfer packages to girls before creating the recognition order.
The second ACH debit will occur March 25. The amount being withdrawn will be 50% of the remaining balance owed. The final ACH debit will be April 8 for the remaining balance due. Troops having difficulty collecting money from families must fill out an Outstanding Money Report and notify the council at least seven days prior to the ACH date to have their debit amount adjusted. Outstanding Money Reports must be sent no later than April 3, 2015. Questions? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist.
The Waite Park and Duluth Cookie Cupboards will be open the following for the rest of the cookie season:
Saturday, March 21 – 9:00am-12:00pm
Monday, March 23 – 8:30am-5:30pm
Tuesday, March 24 – 8:30am-5:30pm
Wednesday, March 25 - 8:30am- 5:30pm
After Wednesday, March 25, the cookies at the Waite Park and Duluth Cupboards will be moved to the Waite Park and Duluth Girl Scout Offices. Troops may still get cookies after March 25 as long as varieties are available.
Evaluations on this year’s Cookie Sale, found in the back of your Answer Book(s), are due by April 15 at the Waite Park Regional Center. Please take the time to fill these out and return them. They are helpful in planning next year’s sale!
Happy Cookie Season and Thank You again for all that you do!
March 17, 2015 at 09:29am
March 20th: SNAP opens for recognition orders
March 22nd: Last day for Girl Credit for Recognitions and to earn Troop Bonus!
March 23rd: Update Girl Information and transfer cookies to girls
March 24th: LAST DAY for returns of factory sealed/unmarked FULL cases*
March 25th: Troop Recognition Order due in SNAP
Turn in Super Sister Seller forms to CPSM
* For questions about returns, etc, contact April Rasmussen at arasmussen@gslakesandpines or 218-302-3185
March 2, 2015 at 01:29pm
THANK YOU to all who are helping girls to reach their goals by running their very own cookie business. Cupboard managers, community product sales managers, troop leaders, other volunteers, parents, and most especially cookie eaters all play an important role in helping girls learn and succeed have fun. Thanks again for all you do!
March ACH Debit
What is an ACH debit? It is a financial transaction where funds are electronically withdrawn from a bank account. We have three ACH debits scheduled to occur during the 2015 Cookie Sale where we plan to withdraw funds electronically from troop bank accounts:
- Due March 4: 45% of initial order (or 45% of packages owned by February 17, if no initial order was placed.) March 4 ACH calculations include quantities of Initial order gluten free. We added initial order packages for the traditional and gluten free cookies; figured amount due to council (excluding the extra $1 for gluten free.) Example: in packages 144 (in Snap) + 12 (gluten free) = 156 X 3.40 – $530.40 x .45 = $238.68 amount of March 4 ACH.
- Due March 25: 50% of remaining balance troop owes.
- Due April 8: Remaining balance due. The extra $1.00 for Gluten Free will be collected on the final ACH.
If your troop is having trouble collecting the amount which will be withdrawn, please contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist no later than the Friday before the ACH debit is to occur.
Need more cookies? Have too many cookies? Controlling cookie inventory can be tricky. Remember, the goal is to get to a zero inventory for your troop and our council by the end of the sale. We want all cookies to be sold because leftover packages that are owned by the troop or council still must be paid for.
How can you help? The obvious – sell cookies while the demand is there; so help girls to sell early and often. Next, if you need more cookies, place a planned order in Snap by Sunday night at 10:00 p.m. for exactly what your troop needs for the following week. Our council relies heavily each week on reports that show where planned orders need to be filled throughout the council. This information helps us determine where cookies are needed and when. So if your troop does not place a planned order, your local cupboard may not have the cookies on hand that you need. PLEASE, help us help you by placing a planned order in Snap each week that you need cookies. Finally, if your troop has too many or the wrong kind of cookies – reach out! Contact families in your troop, other community troops, your Community Product Sales Manager and your Cupboard Manager and let them know what you have too much of. Transfer cookies between girls or troops wherever possible. Remember that unopened, factory sealed cases can be exchanged for another variety at cupboards where additional inventory is available. Need more tips on preventing left over cookies? See page 30 of the Answer Book for Troop Product Sales Managers.
For any troop who would like more gluten free Trios; we have product available! Troops are now able to take Trios in either ½ case or full case quantities. Please know that the no return policy still applies. If your troop hasn’t tried the gluten free please consider taking a ½ case (6 packages). We are hearing that customers are asking about Trios at many cookie booths. Remember that your troop can earn regular troop proceeds of .60 (for the recognition plan) or .65 (for the cash plan) per package, and packages will also count towards girl recognitions. Please contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist on how to get Trios for your troop.
5 for 5 Program
We have had a great number of entries in the Buy 5 Packages Win 5 Cases promotion and hope it is helping girls to sell even more cookies. We are aware that customers putting in their entries continue to get an error message. While we are currently trying to fix this issue, please let customers know that their entry is still getting through and that they should ignore the message. If customers are told in advance that they may get an error message when putting in their entry, but that we will still receive it, this would be helpful. Thank you!
Also, to answer a common question we have been getting about the 5 for 5, yes, girls need to give customers a unique code for each five packages which are purchased in a single transaction. So if a customer purchases ten packages, they will then receive two unique codes from the girl. Hope this makes things clearer.
Bling Your Booth!
Plain is boring! We have seen a few blinged booths and they have looked fabulous. There’s still time to Bling Your Booth and win! Remember to take a photo of your cookie booth and upload to the GSUSA Facebook page, www.facebook.com/GirlScoutCookieProgram by April 30, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Your troop has the potential to win $500 cash! See the Winter 2014 Connections for additional details. Good luck!
February 6, 2015 at 04:33pm
Buy 5 Boxes for a chance to WIN Girl Scout Cookies for a Year!
Girls can sell more cookies all at once by sharing information about the Buy 5 Promotion with each of their customers and by inviting them to buy five packages for a chance to win five cases of Girl Scout Cookies! Four winning entries will be selected, one winner from each of our four regions. Each winner will receive 5 cases of their favorite Girl Scout Cookies – cookies for a year!
1. Customer purchases five packages of Girl Scout Cookies in a single transaction between February 14 and March 22. (All transactions qualify whether direct from a girl, at a booth sale, or through COCOdirect.)
2. Customer receives a code from the Girl Scout.
3. Customer enters their information by March 25 by clicking on the Buy 5 Boxes icon on the Lakes and Pines home page.
4. Four winning entries selected week of March 30; winners notified by April 6, 2015
So, as a troop leader, you’re wondering, “What is this mysterious code that my girls will be sharing with their customers?” It’s simple. Please use the following formula to create unique codes for each customer. Use your troop number, followed by the girl’s initials, followed by the customer number. So, for example, if you are from Troop 45321, and Maggie Lemonade is the name of the girl who has three customers who each purchased five packages of Girl Scout Cookies, the codes she will distribute to them will be as follows: Customer #1 – 45321ML1, Customer #2 – 45321ML2, Customer #3 – 45321ML3. Have two girls with the same initials in your troop? No problem. Just add their middle initial or another letter to distinguish the two, for example MEL or MML.
A good way for your troop to prepare to implement this promotion would be to have business cards or slips of paper printed up with the website link, then a line for each girl to write her individual code – adding a 1, 2, 3, etc., at the end of her code for each customer that she has that purchases five packages. Girls can give a slip to each customer that qualifies.
Questions? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist.
Service Unit Finance Reports DUE February 15.
Just a friendly reminder that your Service Unit Financial Report is due to your Product Sales and Finance Specialist by February 15. You can find the form here: http://gslakesandpines.org/pages/FinanceForms. The instructions are there as to how to use this writable form, otherwise you can print it out and fill it in before sending. Thank you!
February 5, 2015 at 12:52pm
Would you like to work at the Duluth Cookie Cupboard? We are seeking a temporary, part-time cookie cupboard assistant for mid-February through late March, to work Wednesdays and Thursdays. Hours are 8:30am - 5:30 pm. Earn a little extra money and help with the behind-the-scenes tasks to make the cookie program run! For more information, email April at email@example.com
January 30, 2015 at 04:10pm
· REMEMBER: ~On your Honor~ Girls can begin taking cookie orders on Monday, February 9th. No cookies will be available for delivery to customers until February 14th. Please be a sister to every Girl Scout by adhering to these dates and keeping it fair for all. Thank you.
· New Council Cookie Cupboard Locations:
DULUTH - 500 S 59th Ave West, Duluth
WAITE PARK - 230 2nd Ave S, Waite Park
Complete list of cookie cupboard locations coming soon.
· Cookie Booth Updates:
Due to the Cub Foods Booth Sales agreement, booth sales will be allowed throughout the council beginning on February 19th instead of February 20th. Go for it! :)
When entering booths in Snap, please do not enter your troop for the Cub Foods locations, as a Requested Cookie Booth. These are part of the Cookie Booth Lottery. Lottery details have been sent through Snap email to troops in areas which have the lottery.
For troops in areas which are not part of the lottery or for booths not included in the lottery, please schedule cookie booths on your own. Once you have your booths scheduled, please help us help your troop by entering all of your booths in Snap so we can upload them to the Cookie Finder. This helps to drive additional customers to your booth sale. Remember, they won’t find you if they don’t know about your sale.
· Cookie Delivery throughout the council begins February 9th. Shipping schedules have been sent to Community Product Sales Managers. For troops that placed an Initial Order, please be in touch with your Community Product Sales Manager to find out when your cookies will arrive.
· The Girl Upload is coming to Snap! On February 9th we will upload girl data from our membership system into Snap. This year we need for girls to be listed exactly the same in our membership system, Snap, and COCO. The girl data must be in sync in these systems in order for girls who use COCOdirect to get credit for the cookies that they sell. If you have not entered your girls into the system, please wait for the upload and then check to make sure that everything is correct. If you have already entered your girl information, then please check Snap after the upload to make sure there are not duplicates.
Girls should use their first and last names in COCO. If the girl’s name in COCO is not aligned to her name in Snap, please have her change it to match what is in Snap. See the troop Answer Book on page 12 for more details. If you have trouble or see any discrepancies in Snap, please let us know.
· Gluten Free Cookies still available to qualifying troops. If you are interested, please contact your Product Sales & Finance Specialist. If after the sale starts you run out and need more, please let us know.They are available on a first come first serve basis.
· Buy 5 Get 5 Promotion: Your customer will qualify to have their name placed in a drawing if they purchase five packages of cookies in a single transaction. We have just a few details to work out yet so that this promotion will run smoothly for all. Please watch the blog for full details prior to the sale start date. Thanks for your patience!
· The USDA, Nutrition & Smart Snack Standards: Selling Girl Scout Cookies at School: The USDA recently released a document regarding fundraisers at school of items which do not meet their Smart Snack Standards. This, alas, does include Girl Scout cookies and they are specifically named in the document. Please read on for more information.
January 26, 2015 at 04:48pm
We are so excited to present a full line-up of fun and exciting sessions for this year's Kaleidoscope, happening May 2, 2015. More information can be found on the Kaleidoscope page. If you would like copies of the brochure and registration form mailed to you, please email Hannah McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 9, 2015 at 04:44pm
· We have a new Product Sales and Finance Specialist for Regions 1 & 2! April Rasmussen is now officially on board and working at the Duluth office. Please take a moment to welcome her. We are excited to have her here in time for the 2015 Cookie Sale!
Cookie Sale –
· SNAP ARCHIVE REPORTS. ABC is currently working to fix an issue with their Snap Archive Reports. If you need to see a copy of your troop’s Initial Order Report from last year prior to placing this year’s initial order, please contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist and we will get a copy to you. Hopefully they will get this fixed quickly!
· Cookie Cupboard Locations/Help Needed. The council is currently looking to secure locations for council cookie cupboards in Duluth and Waite Park/St. Cloud. If you are aware of the perfect location, let us know! We are also looking to hire temporary cookie cupboard employees at both council cupboard locations. Flexible hours optional. Please contact Vickie Strobel (320-247-4568) if you can assist us with either a cupboard location or would like to apply to work during the cookie sale. THANK YOU!
Keep Reading for more important Cookie Sale updates!
November 6, 2014 at 12:34pm
Calling anyone who has completed a Take Action project...check out Map It! You can add your achivement to this interactive map that shows how Girl Scouts all over are changing the world. Whether it’s Gold Awards, Silver Awards, Bronze Awards, Forever Green, or Journey Take Action projects, browse what girls are doing to get inspiration and share your story with us.
It’s a great way to get inspiration for your Girl Scout year or just see what other girls are doing to change the world!