Shop & Office Hours
All offices closed:
December 1, 2014 at 04:34pm
Fall Product Sale –
· The Fall Product Sale is wrapping up nicely. The council ACH debits troop accounts for the full balance due on December 10th. Troops need to make sure to have their Fall Sale money deposited in their account this week for this debit.
· If a troop is having difficulty collecting money from a family, the troop needs to fill out the F-10 Outstanding Money Report and let Product Sales & Finance know by this Friday, December 5th so that we have time to make the adjustment to the troop’s debit amount. (Please be aware that all council staff will be out of the office at an all staff meeting on December 3-4 and our offices will be closed, but we will be back on December 5 so feel free to email/call Product Sales staff if you have an issue and we will follow up upon return.)
· If a troop has had any checks returned for the Fall Sale then they should fill out the Product Sales Returned Check Notification Form. This form should be completed and turned in as soon as a bad check is received as checks more than 60 days old will not be reimbursed.
· Kids found your private stash of Gummi Berries? The council has a limited amount of Fall Product left available for sale. Please contact us for details.
· We need to hear from you! Please fill out the Fall Product Sale evaluation form found in the back of your Fall Answer Book and return to the Waite Park Regional Center by January 9, 2015. Your feedback helps us to make changes and improve the sale for next year.
· Thank you again to everyone who helped to make the Fall Sale a success!
Cookie Sale –
· Thank you to everyone who was able to participate in one of our council cookie trainings so far. Due to the weather, the training at Camp Sanderson has been postponed to December 11th. Trainings are also available in Virginia (December 8) and Duluth (December 9). Please RSVP if you wish to attend or need more details. If the Virginia training does not reach at least ten yes RSVPS, this training will be cancelled. An online training will also be available beginning December 12th at www.abcsmartcookieu.com.
· In order to sign in to ABC Smart Cookie U, you must have a COCO login. The login and password will work at both www.abcsmartcookies.com and www.abcsmartcookieu.com. 1. Begin at www.abcsmartcookies.com and click on the COCO icon towards the bottom of the page. Then click on the Volunteer box. Scroll towards the bottom and login. 2. If you are a new user, click Register at the bottom of the screen. 3. If you are a returning user, your username is the full email address you used to create the account. If you cannot remember your password, please just create a new account.
· To login to ABC Smart Cookie U you will use your COCO login and password. Please allow 24-48 hours for COCO to upload to ABC Smart Cookie U before logging in the first time.
· Cookie Cupboard Locations/Help Needed. The council is currently looking to secure locations for council cookie cupboards in Duluth and Waite Park/St. Cloud. If you are aware of the perfect location, let us know! We are also looking to hire temporary cookie cupboard employees at both council cupboard locations. Flexible hours optional. Please contact Vickie Strobel (320-247-4568) if you can assist us with either a cupboard location or would like to apply to work during the cookie sale. THANK YOU!
November 11, 2014 at 11:39am
Join council staff and fellow Region 2 volunteers to learn the ins and outs of the 2015 cookie sale! Training is on Tuesday, December 9 from 6:30 to 8:30 at Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd,1325 N 45th Ave E, Duluth, MN 55804.
Please RSVP with your name, troop, service unit, town, email address and date/place attending to either Maureen Graham: firstname.lastname@example.org or 320.247.4571, or Jess Hoffmann: email@example.com 320.247.4563. We will also have an online training available at www.smartcookieu.combeginning Friday, December 12. RSVP today. We look forward to hearing from you!
November 6, 2014 at 12:34pm
Calling anyone who has completed a Take Action project...check out Map It! You can add your achivement to this interactive map that shows how Girl Scouts all over are changing the world. Whether it’s Gold Awards, Silver Awards, Bronze Awards, Forever Green, or Journey Take Action projects, browse what girls are doing to get inspiration and share your story with us.
It’s a great way to get inspiration for your Girl Scout year or just see what other girls are doing to change the world!
November 4, 2014 at 02:48pm
COOKIE SALE PROGRAM
COOKIES arrived this week in the Council. Can you believe it? Cookie Sale Program trainings begin in just one week. Have you signed up yet? We suggest that at least one adult volunteer from each troop attend the training. It’s a great opportunity to learn valuable information, sample the cookies, and network with other volunteers.
· Camp Sanderson, Tuesday, November 11, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Brainerd, Thursday, November 13, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· St. Cloud, Saturday, November 15, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon.
· Grand Rapids, Monday, December 8, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Duluth, Tuesday, December 9, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Please RSVP with your name, troop, service unit, town, email address and date/place attending to either Maureen Graham: firstname.lastname@example.org or 320.247.4571, or Jess Hoffmann: email@example.com or 320.247.4563. We will also have an online training available at www.smartcookieu.com beginning Friday, December 12. RSVP today. We look forward to hearing from you!
FALL PRODUCT SALE PROGRAM
THANK YOU to all who participated in any way in this year’s Fall Product Sale Program. The Council order has been sent to our Fall Sale vendor and delivery information has been sent to community product sales managers. Some of the important sale dates remaining:
· Product delivery to service units: November 12 – 17
· Girls deliver product to customers: Beginning November 12
· Family Money due to troops: December 1
· Troop deposits money into troop account: by December 2
· Council debits troop account for 100% of balance due: December 10
Fall recognition awards are shipped to community product sales managers at the end of November/early December. Give recognitions to the girls after they have delivered products and turned in all money.
Questions about the Fall or Cookie Sale Programs? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist.
February 27, 2014 at 03:20pm
Troops in Superior: Did you know the City of Superior’s Environmental Services Division can partner with you for a program? Their staff can bring these or other water-related activities to your troop meeting, or perhaps you’d like to set up a joint event with the other troops at your school--especially if you’re working on the Brownie WOW or Daisy Flower Garden Journey. Options include:
- Water Cycle game . . . A fun, active game where you are the water droplet--roll the dice and learn where the water goes.
- Water cycle bracelets . . . Make a bracelet where each bead represents a water reservoir (lake, stream, ocean, etc.)
- Puppet show! Themes such as keeping water clean and mercury bioaccumulation
- Make seed paper. . . Make paper with native plant seeds. Use the paper as you wish – bookmark, cards, etc. Then you can tear a piece off, plant it, and watch your seeds sprout!
- Wastewater treatment tour . . . Get behind the scenes to find out how sewage is treated.
Because of funding, these programs are only available to troops and groups based in Superior. For more info or to set up a program, contact Ada Tse, Research Assistant, at 715-394-0392 x1018 or firstname.lastname@example.org